As Director, Brian's responsibilities include SBSTech, the colleges' technical services group and facilities management issues in the college. He has been with the college since 1995. Prior to working for the Dean, he worked in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Research Institute, for the University of Arizona Police Department and is a veteran of the US Navy, serving as a navigator in the late 1980's and during the first Gulf War. Brian's graduate work is in Information Science, where he uses statistical methodology to study the role of visual literacy in information retrieval.
He has been a Lecturer in the Communication Department and the School of Information Resources & Library Sciences for more than a decade. Recently, he co-developed and taught a course supporting new undergraduate students in the college.
- His classes include:
- Success Skills for the Social Sciences (SBS 197a)
- Communication Technology (Comm 209)
- Human Centered Information Techologies (Comm311)
- Human Factors of information systems (IRLS 575)
- Research Methods (IRLS 506)
- Introduction to Information Technologies (IRLS 571)
Some of the recent projects Brian represented the college in, include the UA Downtown campus and the UA Chandler campus facilities.