Are you fascinated by the sociological aspects of online game-playing? Are you interested in the effects of television violence? The ethics of medical research? Border issues between the U.S. and Mexico? How about how societal pressures affect the self-image of teenage girls? The hidden causes of World War II? The role of women in biblical times? Efforts to preserve Native American languages? These issues, and thousands of other relevant and important modern topics, are explored within the 20 units of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
SBS is the one of UA's largest colleges, housing several of the University's most popular majors, including communication, government and public policy, and journalism. Many programs are interdisciplinary, examining contemporary issues with direct relevance to today's ever-changing society.
<< Use the list of units in the navigation on the left to learn a little bit about each department.
- Arabic Language Program (external link)
- Hebrew Language Program (external link)
- Human Language Technology (external link)
- International Journalism Program (external link)
- Native American Linguistics Masters Program (external link)
- Persian Language Program (external link)
- Turkish Language Program (external link)