On Friday, August 29, 2014
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Magellan Circle Scholarship
will be availabe on Scholarship Universe!
Through the generous donations of members of the Magellan Circle in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS), we can provide a number of students with $500 Magellan Circle Scholarship. The scholarship is open to all undergraduate students in good standing at the University of Arizona who are majoring in one of the programs offered within SBS, who have a documented level of financial need, are making satisfactory progress toward their degree, and will be enrolled in classes at the University of Arizona during the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters. Recipients will be selected based on a combination of their academic performance and financial need.
2014 Magellan Circle Scholars will be expected to attend a breakfast event (December 11, 2014) to meet your scholarship Patron.
Please note that the following groups are not eligible: International students, and part-time students.
In order to apply, please submit the following (Please read carefully):
- Complete the online application and upload the following documents:
- A brief written statement explaining why you believe you should receive a Magellan Scholarship. You may write about background and education, your professional and personal goals, your financial situation, and/or how this $500 award can help you achieve your academic goals. The latter is very important, since the final decision will be based as much or more on financial need as it is on academic performance.
- One letter of support (which can be written by an academic advisor, TA's or professor in the College of SBS or outside the College of SBS, or, if you are an incoming freshman, a high school advisor. If you are a transfer student, a letter from an academic advisor or professor from your previous institution is acceptable). This letter must be uploaded to Scholarship Universe.
- Resume Please upload and attach an updated resume which details your extra curricular acitivites and any scholarship or awards you have received.
- Transcript Requirements Please upload and attach and up to date unofficial transcript. If you are a continuing student please use your UA transcript. If you are incoming freshman, please use your high school transcript. If you are incoming transfer student, please use the transcript from the previous institution you attended. If you need to include multiple transcripts, please consolidate them into a single file to upload and attach.
- Current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be on file; no need to attach the form. Please refer to the Office of Student Financial Aid website: financialaid.arizona.edu.
APPLICATION DEADLINE WILL BE DUE AT MIDNIGHT ON Thursday, September 25, 2014. No late materials will be accepted, and we will not review incomplete applications. For information about the application process, email Jennifer Bailey in the SBS Development Office or call 520-626-6977.
JENNIFER BAILEY, ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Douglass Building Room 200W
PO BOX 210028
The University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721