University Honors and Recognition
- The Regents' Professors, the highest of faculty ranks, is reserved for full professors with exceptional achievements that have brought them national or international recognition.
- The University Distinguished Professors award honors faculty who have made sustained contributions of consistent educational excellence and have demonstrated outstanding commitment to undergraduate education. The Call for Nominations is issued annually in mid-September.
- The University Distinguished Outreach Faculty award recognizes faculty who have made outstanding contributions to outreach at the University of Arizona, in the State of Arizona and the nation. The Call for Nominations is issued annually in mid-September.
- Emeritus Faculty: Faculty who retire from the University, have served a minimum of fifteen years, and receive approval from the President are given the title of Emeritus. Approved documentation from the department head and dean must be forwarded to the Provost for review. The Provost submits the recommendation to the President for final approval.
- 1885 Distinguished Scholars are outstanding mid-career faculty who are both leading experts in their field and highly valued contributors to the teaching, research, and outreach missions of the University of Arizona. Applications are due to the Dean's office two weeks prior to Provost deadline.
UA Teaching Awards
- Recognize outstanding teaching achievement and include the Provost's General Education Teaching Awards, the Henry and Phyllis Koffler Prizes and the Leicester and Kathryn Sherrill Creative Teaching Award. These awards are offered through the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and the University of Arizona Foundation.
The call for nominations is typically issued in mid-September and applications are due in early December.
SBS Teaching Awards
The Dean's Awards for excellence recognize significant instructional achievements by SBS faculty member in three categories: Dean’s Award for Excellence in Lower Division Teaching, Dean’s Award for Excellence in Upper Division Teaching, and Dean’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching. Nominations for 2011-2012 are due April 13th, 2012.
The Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award program, sponsored by the UA Foundation, honors GTAs whose performance is exemplary. Nominations are typically due in late March.
University Awards for Excellence
- Awards for Excellence include the the University Awards for Excellence, the Billy Joe Varney Award for Excellence, the University Team Award for Excellence, and thethe University Department Award for Excellence. Nominations are typically accepted through late January, with a recognition ceremony held in April.